Meanwhile the fire brigade arrived. People took a sigh of relief, because despite their best efforts they could not extinguish the fire. The staff of the fire brigade fought bravely with the fierce flames. Water pipes were laid to extinguish the fire.
A staircase was set to the window of the first floor. He took great risk. He brought out the inmates and came down amidst flames. By doing so he himself was injured. The moment he brought down one of the inmates, he fell unconscious.
Even the rescued inmate had serious burn injuries. The injured were immediately rushed to the hospital. However, with a great deal of efforts fire could be extinguished but it caused great damage and destruction to the house. Furniture, valuable articles and other belongings worth lakhs, of rupees were burnt to ashes. The whole house presented a dismal picture. The kitchen, the dining room, and the drawing room were badly affected. But thankfully no life was lost.
The inmates were rescued with timely help and assistance by the staff of the fire brigade who put their lives to risk saving them. In course of which he sustained injuries. Later, when investigation was made, it was found that the leakage in the gas pipe had led to the outbreak of the devastating fire. However, government offered free treatment to the victims and the inmates were also compensated.